Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 13'6" Sage VXP 8wt Spey rod and Sage 2080 large arbor reel up for grabs. I bought the entire setup new in 2014 and have meticulously cared for it (comparable to the "Mod" line that Sage currently offers). I have recently moved however, so I will no longer have much use for this rod despite its clear salmonid taming prowess. It's a heck of a setup!

Details:
-The reel has a 320 gr. Skagit head with running line and backing. The rod/reel combo throws heavy Spey flies and lines into a headwind like Michelangelo throwing nunchucks at the head of Shredder. Casting a hundred feet: no problem. Reach out and get them!
-The necessary body armor for the rod and reel are included. Fear no rock!
-The deal includes an assortment of Spey flies. They include all the hobos, zoo cougars, and sex dungeons that one person can expect to use in a lifetime of pursuing the chrome ghost. If it can be swung, skated, popped, stripped or drifted, you'll have it in your arsenal.

Give me a holler if you are interested or want any more information

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Free bump, I have a 7133 and 5120 VXPs and love them both. More fast then moderate rods and in my opinion are really a 1/2 wt more then specified.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree HART! This is one of the stoutest "8wts" I have ever used and I love that middle ground between super fast and the slower moderate actions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toofarsouth - Yeah, I think I could easily be talked in to selling just the rod. Give me a week to see if there are any bites (tugs?), and then let me know if you are still interested?

Aaron - Seemed like a good (albeit somewhat embellished) estimate - although I know it has had a few launches since I've had it that were pretty impressive. It seems like a standard disclaimer should apply here: Casting abilities very between casters, rods, and on the water conditions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just as a quick follow up...

I double checked the Skagit head line weight on the rod, and I think it is actually a 525-575 gr head (not the 320 gr head I had mentioned). In any case, the head is super well balanced with the rod and casting great distances is certainly in the realm of possibility. Sorry for the confusion!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts