Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling an excellent condition Hardy Taupo 3 7/8” in Box with manual and leather case. Will include an Orvis softcase for the reel. Asking $375.00 includes PP fees and shipping to the lower 48 US. Questions please pm me. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Agree. Probably the lowest price I've seen for a Modern Taupo... which is still "wide spool" dimensions even if it's not stamped on the winding plate. Nice pickup ZFF

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Sure was. And right in a nice sweet spot sizewise. I was tempted to by it myself, but couldn’t figure out how to fish two of them at once! :hihi:

Kudos to both buyer and seller.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr James it’s the same size indeed as the wide spool yet they differ in weight by about two ounces.

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
yes the Taupo was the original “wide spool” so the wide spool on the most recent reel is redundant, and just labels it as part of the recent series that DID include wider sizes in the other reels.

As far as I know all the Taupos have the same dimensions. The most recent ones are anodized AL which may be a little different. :)

I too would be interested in hearing why the difference in weight if true - I have never handled one from many decades ago. Or are you saying the run just before the present one is also a different weight?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So glad someone saw this before me

It's not like I need 3 of these but...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts