Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I have a good 4” Hardy Uniqua wide drum fly reel for sale. The reel features Hardy’s classic 1912 check mechanism engineered for right hand retrieve. It also has a fat Ivorine handle and smooth brass foot. The face of the spool has a straight line stamp that reads HARDY'S PATENT "UNIQUA" REEL. The spool is held by an oval latch stamped OIL. Both the check plate and back of the spool are marked with the number 3. The reel weighs 10-3/4 ounces with an empty spool.

I feel certain everything about the reel is original. There are no chips, cracks or line grooves. The foot is straight and has not been altered. The spool is remarkabely clear of line dressing residue.

Mechanically the reel is in excellent running order. The spool spins freely - no wobble or hesitation and no end play. The check works quite well - exactly as it should.

I'm asking $625 OBO for the reel including postage to the lower 48. PayPal only please and I'll pay their fees. Postage & insurance outside the lower 48 at buyer's expense.

PM if interested.

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts