Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a vintage 3-3/8" Hardy Uniqua fly reel for sale. This is a true spitfire reel - leaded finish to the frame and a bright spool. The reel probably dates from the early post World War II period. Its also has a regulated Mark II check instead of a fixed check that was standard on vintage Uniquas. It has an Ebonite handle, telephone style drum latch and ribbed brass foot. There is a straight line maker's stamp on the back plate that reads MADE BY HARDY BROS LTD ENGLAND THE "UNIQUA" 3-3/8". It weighs 6-1/2 ounces.

The reel is in remarkably fine condition. Virtually all of the original leaded finish with its lacquer overcoat remains. The Duplicated Mark II check works exactly as it should. The spool spins very freely without a hint of wobble or hesitation. The foot is full length (2-3/8"), straight and unaltered.

I'm asking $325 for the reel plus $4 tracked postage to the lower 48 (international postage at cost). PayPal only please and I'll pay their fees. I know the price may be a bit more than you usually see these reels at but I think this one is worth it. It looks great and it runs great.

PM if interested.

Richard

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks aks for the boost. Naturally, I couldn't agree more.

Its still available and I'd like to add that I'll consider offers.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Would this work on a switch, or strictly single handers?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Switch or Single

I think it's likely best on a single hander. Line capacity is a conventional WF-5 or 6 plus backing. Weight empty is 6-1/2 ounces. But a DH?????

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Would this work on a switch, or strictly single handers?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have used this size uniqua on a light switch... But mine wasn't a beauty like this one

With the double enguanging pawl, I bet she sounds sweet!

Hell of a reel!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts