Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never fished, Speyco hex click reel with 150 yds. 30# backing, running line and hard clam shell case. Spool 3-3/4" x 1-1/8'

$300.00

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this a 3 3/4
Yes, that's what the spool measures. The frame is 4" (specs in the initial post).

As I said I have never used it but I have had a 540 Skagit head on it and, IIRC, there was plenty of room left over.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sweet reel

Bump for an exceptional reel, great price and great guy to deal with. By far the favorite of the 4 Speyco's I own. Btw, did you have this on the 7wt platinum? Best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for an exceptional reel, great price and great guy to deal with. By far the favorite of the 4 Speyco's I own. Btw, did you have this on the 7wt platinum? Best of luck with the sale!
Thank you for the kind words.

No, I never did put it on the 7wt. Plat. although I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I originally bought it for the Sage 8129 I had, but got into J.W. Young reels before I could fish it really. I thought I'd use the Youngs until I was a little further into the learning curve to prevent any damage to the Speyco. But found that I like the Youngs so well that's all I use. That's why I have three reels for sale in the classifieds.

While acknowledging that the Youngs don't have quite the build quality, I like them near as much as the Hardy Perfects that I had back in the day.

There's so much stuff for sale here though that I may have to put the Speyco on Ebay. What with the backing, running line and clamshell, I very well may have to bump the price however.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What weight is the reel please?

Paul
Finally got a weight for all those who have been asking...

This is probably a 4" Skagit. I don't remember. The spool itself measures just above 3-1/2" but the frame is 4".

The weight is 14.6 ounces with 150yds. of 30# backing and the running line. According to specs on the Speyco website, the reel probably weighs about 10 ounces bare naked.

·
Registered
748 Posts
This is a beautiful reel and as pristine as they come. The price is really exceptional esp. considering that it comes with backing and running line and the Fishpond hard clamshell case.

And FWIW...and for those who are a bit cautious...My username was DWFII right up until the recent data-breach. As the statistics under my avatar to the left indicate, I joined SpeyPages in 2012 and had over 700 posts.

I am assuming that my account has now been restored and hopefully any further message from me will reflect my old username and statistics.

All the specs from the initial and subsequent posts are correct.

Feel free to PM or email me at my old (non-cell) email address.

I take PayPal.

PS: what with the confusion/problem regarding the usernames I totally missed a typo--I want $350.00 for this reel...and the backing, running line and clamshell...I was, and I am, unable to edit the original post.

I apologize....

·
Registered
748 Posts
This reel is similar to a Hardy perfect in that the back plate (first photo above) can be easily fingered to apply extra drag. A great salmon and steelhead reel.

I've been on SpeyPages a long time (relatively speaking) and have bought and sold through the classifieds. It is hard to find another reel on this board or any other that is such quality, in such pristine condition, and so finely made at such a good price. There is no "slight in and out play in the spool" that so many of the mass manufactured reels develop...nor any wobble. Nor will there ever be, it is so finely machined and to such close tolerances.

Price includes shipping conus

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Does this reel come with any fish?

How far can it cast?

How many miles are on it?

:wink2:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Does this reel come with any fish?

How far can it cast?

How many miles are on it?

:wink2:
Hehe...

Well, I did say it was as-new-pristine and never fished. I guess you'd have to add those aspects yourownself. Not a given these days...at least not for an old man with balance issues and arthritis of the spine.

Heck it's so pristine it still has the original packing of grease:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts