Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Other than very few printed.....

Yes but if you search , you can still find under a hundred .
I would hope so! No idea why this type of book should be so expensive even for a used copy. Mind boggles.

fae

Edit: What would be worse is you paid 'top dollar' and they put the book back into 'reprint.'

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes but if you search , you can still find under a hundred .
Not sure where. I've been trying to get a copy for sometime at a reasonable price. I think what Bruce is asking is a very fair price (a bargain compared to what I've been able to find). I would be all over this if I wasn't strapped for cash right now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Picked one up for $43 just before it went out of print. Very happy I did, I sure don't want to pay that much more for it now...

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I found john shewey's book "spey flies and dee flies" more helpful (and anyone who says different is a liar, liar, pants on fire.)

I'll sell my copy for, say, $5000. :hihi:

geez louise,
shawn

·
Registered
509 Posts
I found john shewey's book "spey flies and dee flies" more helpful (and anyone who says different is a liar, liar, pants on fire.)

I'll sell my copy for, say, $5000. :hihi:

geez louise,
shawn
Would have to agree with Shawn; Sheweys' book is better laid out and more detailed. Veverka's book is good...I would imagine "Blue water Bob" is having a good laugh over the prices of his book if he is paying attention to it at all.

Tom

·
Registered
589 Posts
Solid Price for a Collector's book

This is a collector's book. It belongs with a fisher. The price is solid, at the bottom end of the FEW on the market right now.

Many of us collect books on the subject we love. I too have a number of first prints or editions from authors of the last hundred years. Books bring us knowledge, but they bring us joy too if the words speak to us. They are also a good investment. In these days of IPads, and blogs, a book roots us and let's us turn pages like the clock ticking minutes.

Imagine if you would how you lift a book for the first time. Have you ever shook your hand a little to feel its weight? Do you thumb through it stopping along the way? Are the you person who goes right to the Table of Contents or reads the back cover for reviews or the author biography? Personally I wait until I get home and am ready to sit down and read. Cup of tea and I put the book on my lap. I skip the table of contents and go to page one. I don't thumb through but let each page surprise me on what is laid out there. I guess I've read a lot.

This is a wonderful book for all my reasons. It would be an excellent addition to any library, large or small. It can be passed onto children or grandchildren. I wish the past owner luck in passing it along to another reader, and the new owner time to enjoy it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My hats off to Bruce for keeping this ad and his cool through some spectacularly tasteless thread jacks. I've checked the market and his price is less than a third of the most expensive ones I've found.

Good Luck with your sale Bruce.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is great I don't have to bump this at all:rolleyes:

·
Registered
402 Posts
My hats off to Bruce for keeping this ad and his cool through some spectacularly tasteless thread jacks. I've checked the market and his price is less than a third of the most expensive ones I've found.

Good Luck with your sale Bruce.
Good post if you think the price is too high don't buy it, no need to post your thoughts on the matter.

Bump....LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts