Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale Sage 8150-4 with 2 tips asking $250 usd plus pay pal and shipping fees rod has no tube. (damn tweekers)

·
loco alto!
2,979 Posts
the 8150 was only made in generation III, but to make things interesting, it isn't well known that there are two versions of it.

The 8150 was released originally in 9+ oz weight, then morphed silently into 8+ oz weight. The printed weight on the blank is the only feature distinguishing these versions.
(edit: I might have the order of introduction backwards (9 vs 8 oz), not sure, but both do exist)

I have not thrown the 9+ oz version, but a friend tells me it is softer. This is noteworthy, given that the "stiffer" 8+ oz version is pretty soft by today's standards.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
this is a hell of a deal on a rod that is an abolute pleasure to cast, considering the extra tip makes it even more so. looking forward to some pics particularly of the two tips.

it was only offered in the GIII (brownies) series and I've also heard of two versions of the rod: one which many would recommend an 8/9 line and one better for a 7/8 of the same taper. Mine (which you know about - Steve) is labeled 8 5/8 oz. and I personally prefer a Delta Long or GPS 7/8. I've also cast FF70's I G's in 7/8 weights. I know many favor the older 8 or 9w XLTs.

Anyhow: this a sweet rod and an outstanding offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts