Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it but I need to free up some cash. This rod was purchased and used on one trip to upstate NY-2 days of fishing where I had my first two takes on the swing.

It's a great rod and a great deal at 250. Let alone 225 shipped.

If you need an outfit, we can talk but I was hoping to keep the reel plus line and just pick up another Dually next steelhead season.

Payment is to be by PayPal. Email [email protected] with questions.

Specs here:
http://www.redington.com/fly-fishing-rods/dually/

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm posting this in reply which I found online from John Garret of Gorge Fly Shop bc I guaruntee he would know better than me:

Line Recommendations for the Redington Dually 7130-4 7wt:
•Skagit Max 500gr
•Skagit Max Short 525gr
•Rio Scandi 480gr
•Rio Short Head Spey #7/8

Line Match-ups/recommendations: For those who like a more traditional set up, the Redington Dually has a softer tip action which allows for a deeper load and marries sweetly with the Rio Short Head Spey #7/8wt with its 44’ head length. This was a sweet combo and surprisingly very easy, I’ll say it again…very easy to cast and a refreshing change from stripping in of all your running line for the next cast, like we do when using Skagit type heads. For the Skagit Masters out there the Rio Max Short 525gr head, yes I am a fan of the short heads even on a 13’ Spey rod or the Skagit Max 500gr head would be excellent choices as well. If nymph fishing is in your bag of tricks, the Dually 7113 or the Dually 8119 switch rods matched with the new Rio Switch Chucker lines would be an awesome tool (but that’s a whole other review).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts