Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD PENDING

Hello,

I have a very nice vintage 3-1/2" Hardy Perfect wide drum reel for sale. This is a 1930's right hand retrieve reel with a nickel silver line guard. It has a Duplicated Mark II check controlled by a rim mounted regulator screw. There is a 3-1/4" ribbed brass foot and an Ebonite handle.

The reel appears to be all original and is free from and any chips or cracks. There are no line grooves. There are no signs of prior repairs. The foot is full length, straight and unaltered. The reel runs well in all respects - the spool spins freely without any wobble or hesitation. Good check mechanism... Its just a very nice running reel.

I'm asking $775 for the reel including postage to the lower 48. PayPal only please and I'll pay their fees

OFFERS CONSIDERED

PM if interested.

Regards,

Richard

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,391 Posts
I have seen a lot of Perfects and this one is one of the nicest 3 1/2 models I can remember.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
are you guys as dumbfounded as i am this didn't vanish right away?

I saw it and almost bought it strictly because you NEVER see these and that price is a helluva lot less then the few i have seen go for...

If i had a rod to use it on i would own this reel!!!

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
If I didn't already have one, I too would be all over this!

Can't understand how it is still here at such a price for a lovely example of this rather rare-to-the-market reel

Mike

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
As mentioned numerous times now for us Canadians that reel is 25% more expensive than you think...:mad:

·
Registered
180 Posts
are you guys as dumbfounded as i am this didn't vanish right away?

I saw it and almost bought it strictly because you NEVER see these and that price is a helluva lot less then the few i have seen go for...

If i had a rod to use it on i would own this reel!!!
I've been thinking around it too but what rods will balance/match this reel ?Assuming just on a SH rod.Most 12+ oz reels are on 13+ rods

·
Registered
364 Posts
As mentioned numerous times now for us Canadians that reel is 25% more expensive than you think...:mad:
Actually significantly more than that as Canada Customs will add 13% taxes at the border too... in addition to (and on top of) the brutal hit lately on the exchange. The actual cost to canadian buyers will be more like 35-40 % above the price listed in US dollars.

It's interesting that canadian customs seems to ONLY apply this tax on reels that arrive from the USA. Reels purchased from sellers in England don't seem to get taxed.

I have been staring at this beautiful reel for a while.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts