Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Long time speypages follower here, and hate that my first post is here in the classifieds but here goes:

For sale is a standard build Meiser 13'6" 7/8/9. It is the highlander classic that was built in 2010 for a trip to BC. The rod was used heavily for that trip (a month) but has been used very little since then as I find myself reaching for shorter rods for the water I fish...

-The rod blank and guide work is in good condition with minimal wear/scratch marks. The handle shows wear, mostly on the lower grip where a make shift rod holder caused damage in a couple areas. I tried to show this in the photos, but if you would like to see more photos just let me know. This has never bothered me, but I'm sure a visit back to meiser for a touch up could help this... Rod comes with original rod tube and sock. The tube has scratches and wear from travelling but is in fine working order.

-Also available is a Leland Red truck Diesel Chrome reel that has been used lightly but has minimal scratching. Reel will come with original case and ridge running line.

-Finally, a Nexcast Winter Authority 7/8 with floating tip. Again, this line has only been used a few times and comes with the original box.

The rod/reel/line are a great match together. The reel and line were purchased more recently (2012 ish) and fished much less than the rod which hasn't been fished that many days either.

Prices:
Meiser 136789FES..... $400
Reel (with backing and ridge running line).... $100
NC WA 7/8 with floating tip.... $65
All Together... $525

Would prefer to sell this all together, but if the rod sells separately the reel and line will become available individually. Buyer pays shipping by whichever method they prefer.

Personal Note: I relocated here to portland about a year ago, but have been using this forum to learn whatever I could about this two handed game for years while living elsewhere. Now that I can actually fish and spend time with the two-hander I hope to be able to contribute to this forum... I haven't felt able to bring much to the discussion until recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

Here's a couple extra photos...

The writing on the nextcast box is the actual grain weight when I weighed it, including the floating tip.

The reel photo shows the biggest scratch on the Diesel Chrome

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's a nice stick ! I have that same rod or I'd jump on it . I might be interested in the line how did you like it , and did you only fish it with the floater ? Thanks

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
If you can 'only' have one Winter fishing rod this is it.

(With a blush) The "FES" stands for Fred Evans Special. Back story to that was a mini-Clave at Tou Velle Park on the Rogue and Bob asked I'd like to try one of his new rod designs ..... that was an easy call.

Lined with a Delta 8/9, about 12' of leader and a yarn fly. Walked that Baby down to the river and in something like 10 flicks of the rod tip I had all 120' of line and leader out over the water.

Kids, to that point I don't think I'd ever put 130' of anything in the air. Guys: 'Next!!!!' Me next!!!! :eek: Any way finally reeled in, walked up to Bob: "How much did this rod just cost me, my cheque books in the car."

As it was his 'one and only' at the time: "I'll sell it when I get the second blank to build out." Which he did, but I got #1.

fae

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
(With a blush) The "FES" stands for Fred Evans Special. Back story to that was a mini-Clave at Tou Velle Park on the Rogue and Bob asked I'd like to try one of his new rod designs ..... that was an easy call.

Lined with a Delta 8/9, about 12' of leader and a yarn fly. Walked that Baby down to the river and in something like 10 flicks of the rod tip I had all 120' of line and leader out over the water.

Kids, to that point I don't think I'd ever put 130' of anything in the air. Guys: 'Next!!!!' Me next!!!! :eek: Any way finally reeled in, walked up to Bob: "How much did this rod just cost me, my cheque books in the car."

As it was his 'one and only' at the time: "I'll sell it when I get the second blank to build out." Which he did, but I got #1.

fae
Fred , how many times do we have to read this story ??
We all know by now that FES is the "Fred Evans Special" ..... :chuckle::chuckle:

Just kidding my friend , pretty cool to have a rod named after you by such an amazing rod builder like Bob !!

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winter authority

Silverspey- The 7/8 WA 45 feels just right to me on this stick, in my very limited experience outside of the scandi/skagit realm. Effortless with the floating tip, but I fished it more with 12 Ft of T-8 and it was great even with modest sized and weighted flies. Never tried anything heavier. Writing about this rod makes me wonder why I'm selling it! But having barely used it in the last couple years and the itch to build another rod building it's time to go...

It appears that I may have the rod sold, and potentially the reel/line as well. If it doesn't go through i will re-post.

Fred- I too have heard this story a number of times, and is one of the reasons I got the rod in the first place!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts