Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great little switch rod. It does have my name on it. Need a new reel so this must go.

$300 shipped in US

Would be willing to trade for:

Sage 5500 reel
Billy Pate (open to size) Direct Drive
Sage 8wt 9'6" to 10' open to most models.
Spey rod...open to something unique, let me know what you got that's interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ihave a sage 5000 series ( it's not marked but I think it is a 5400 or 5500) that I would trade you...very ghost shape...one small ding on the spool, otherwise mint.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trade

It should say on the foot. One side has the serial number the other side the model. I've got two 5600 and one 5400 would like to have a 5500. Can you sen a picture and a measurement?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update.

I have gotten a lot of interest in this rod and offers, thank you all.

I was just re reading my orginal post and I forgot to specify that this was an RTW rod from Bob Meiser. RTW means, "Ready to Wrap", meaning the Bob built the rod with the exception of putting on the guides, which he provided and with specs on their placement. A great way to have a custom rod with the satisfaction of doing something myself. I want to be clear on this, so someone doesn't think Bob did a less than perfect job on the wraps. I did the wraps, they look great to me...just not Bob Meiser perfection. Wraps are dark like the blank with the exception of two gold accent wraps (two or three turns wide) at the rod connections.

I've got lots of offers, so with that in mind let me know. Email me for faster response at [email protected]

And for all the local Portland/Vancouver area guys, yes we can meet for a pick up or swap.

Thanks, James.

·
A BIG fish is a GOOD fish
303 Posts
Rod trade

I have a very lightly used 7141 sage custom built rod. Custom means wraps guides and very snazzy Jc inlays. It doesn't get used because I fish gl tribs with switch rods. If your interested in square trade let me know. I'd be glad to forward pics if you wish to see how snazzy the custom build really is. It wasn't me but a professional custom guy I know who lives and fishes the Restigouche. His name is John Witzke and his specialty is cp/ float rods. He made this stick on special request and its a beaut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts