Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1930’s Hardy wide drum Uniqua reel for sale. This one is kind of special in a number of ways. If you happen to have John Drewett’s book on Hardy reels, look in the back where the old Hardy reel shop’s production records are reproduced. It shows that only 27 of these 4-1/4” Uniquas were produced from 1925 to 1939 – this is the period of years when the classic Duplicate Mark II check reel were produced.

On the check plate you see T.A.G. – Tommy Armstrong’s mark. I’ve always found Tommy Armstrong’s and Jimmy Smith’s reels were about as good, or better, than it gets for a Hardy reel. Also notice the pawl style – they have a closed slot and are held on by a capped post. These pawls will never fowl or come loose even under pressure from the toughest fish. And, either one or both pawls can be engaged. The one thing the photos can’t show is how loud this reel’s check mechanism is when in use. It is as loud as any wide drum Hardy that I've ever had.

Mechanically, the reel in in excellent order, everything works as it should. There is no spool wobble or end play. There are no chips or cracks and no line grooves. The foot is full length, straight and unaltered.

It is a special reel and I’m asking $875 for the reel postage to the lower 48 included. PayPal only please and I’ll pay their fees. Shipping elsewhere with postage & fees by mutual agreement.

PM if interested.

Richard

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and...

Thanks Elves and drool on.

I will consider offers, that is cash only offers please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts