Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Spey and Fly
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m selling my newly purchased Loop Classic 811, $800 Canadian OBO. The only reason I’m selling it is because I over spent at least according to my wife on fly fishing equipment as I just bought a new rod as well. Anyway, this is a classic reel that is a statement of our passion. Absolutely nothing wrong with this reel and you won’t be disappointed with it. The reel is right hand retrieve. The line is not included.

Attachments

·
Registered
Spey and Fly
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Lol, I guess telling the truth doesn’t work. I did buy the new rod under the radar so far but my back up will be the sale of the reel. Funny thing is she hates the reel, she says it’s obnoxiously loud lol. Fly fishing equipment, at least good stuff isn’t cheap and to hide this amount is unreasonable in my household. To be honest, it’s taken me a long time just to have a piece as good as this and I’m pretty happy with what I‘ve acquired over the years.

·
Registered
Spey and Fly
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm my wife is my fishing partner and not to sound too sappy but she really is my best friend. I honour my friendship with her to the best of my ability so being transparent is my way to go. Yup your gaging but oh well, I’m a good guy and I hope you like me anyway. I’m not wealthy with money but I’m wealthy in the most important way, plus I have a sweet reel for sale and sweet rod on route to me.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Good natured ribbing only...no bad intentions I promise. I have gear for my wife and she has accompanied me on trips, usually out-fishing me and putting me in fits. The Canadian Tire pricing is a running joke...she definitely knows the costs!

·
Registered
Spey and Fly
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries, I’m good with a ribbing but I have nothing to fire back grr, sitting duck For now lol.

·
Registered
Spey and Fly
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bingo. (just kidding)

Also, Loop Classics are not obnoxious sounding. That's blasphemy.
I love the loud sound but she doesn’t get it but then again who really cares. I really love casting as tight of loops as I can muster and if I catch a fish bonus. The sound adds something but just getting a take to me is exciting enough.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Good thing you did not buy a Saracione Mark V Salmon 4". You would be sleeping on the couch for a month.

There will be future chances for you to upgrade your reel. I think you made the wise choice.

Doug

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hmm my wife is my fishing partner and not to sound too sappy but she really is my best friend. I honour my friendship with her to the best of my ability so being transparent is my way to go. Yup your gaging but oh well, I’m a good guy and I hope you like me anyway. I’m not wealthy with money but I’m wealthy in the most important way, plus I have a sweet reel for sale and sweet rod on route to me.
If she's looking over your shoulder right now...blink twice....:giggle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts