Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Crew...hope u are all well..

I have been developing/distributing a new material for tying large flies and I thought id make some available to interested parties here...

The Nuts...100% synthetic..sheds water on back cast..swims very well....takes a panitone marker well..excellent for hollow type flies and large patterns...mixes well with feathers, flash and fur...like a cross of bucktail and polar bear but synth...kinda translucent...definite "shine" on it Like pb...some of the colors are actual blends of 3-4 colors on the same patch...some have sparse amounts of flash mixed in

While the material on patches is tapered in length, the actual material fiber diameter is static so you can easily stack, mix, blend and tie flies from 3" -14"....I have been tying big flies for 15 years plus and this is hands down without any ? the best product I have ever seen or used... hence Im putting my name and reputation on it ...I am sure if you enjoy using kinky fiber, big fly fiber or yak hair you will love this stuff...

I have put up a spread of colors and some photos of the process and some flies I have made...im still exploring the possibilities of color and material blends ....its endless (as with most things fly tying)

Most have honest lengths of 7" with others up to 12"

Im charging btw $5 and 6$ a patch depending on length...there is a lot of difference in the amount of "underfur/guardhair" on patches so the dimensions of patches vary...every package will have enough material to be "worth the price" ....I can do 6 color assortment pro packs (with a slight discount )... all orders over $25 will have free shipping ...otherwise prices for individuals does not include shipping (its nominal)

Looking forward to hearing from a few of you ..its a really cool material

best

david nelson
mr_squimpish on instagram

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is interesting material, although I usually don't go much over 4 inches except for the occasional tarpon or snook fly. I particularly like the white, cream, and tan patches. Do you have a chartreuse ? Pretty much a requirement around here.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lefty...my friend jonny king has been loving this stuff for 4" flies...no chartreuse as of yet...new colors trickling in daily...the earthy tans and whites are indeed sweeet...D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts