Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a barely used Hardy Swift mk11 11'6" double handed rod for sale.
rod is very lightly used (I bought new and have only played with it 3 or 4 times). Comes with original bag, tube and warranty card.
Looking for $250+p&p

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
I have one of these & love fishing with it.

I know many people have struggled to line these effectively, the best I have used is the 390 gn Rage head - this absolutely flies out & turns over 10 ft salmon poly tips, of all densities, without a problem.

Regards, Tyke.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thnx Tyke,
The only line I've used with this rod is that rio switch line 6/7. I found the line too light for spey casting but would sail overhead casting. I also have the hardy Mach 55 8wt which I was told matches the rod but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Such a sweet very light rod. A buddy uses one as a two hander overhead for the beach (coho and pinks). One roll cast to get the head out and a single back cast and she easily goes out 80'. Really efficient for older trashed bodies...

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,242 Posts
Thnx Tyke,
The only line I've used with this rod is that rio switch line 6/7. I found the line too light for spey casting but would sail overhead casting. I also have the hardy Mach 55 8wt which I was told matches the rod but haven't tried it yet.
Gord,

I don't know if you still have this rod but I sent PM and would take rod & the Mach 55 line if you will sell it with.

Ard

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,242 Posts
Sold :D

Now if someone had that Rio Outbound I posted about to the Classifieds............ Things would be looking up.

Ard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts