Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lee B
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: 3 1/4" Wide Drum Hardy Perfect with rotating line guide in excellent condition
- 1940s reel with leaded finish and straight line lettering.
- Hard to find model with rotating nickel silver line guide.
- JS (Jimmy Smith) makers initials on winding plate.
- Short ribbed brass foot fits modern reel seats.
- Reel is tight, tension adjustment works perfectly, line guide revolves fully, plenty of original leading remaining.
- No chips, dings, or other issues.
This is a very difficult reel to find in this size, particularly with the revolving line guide and in such nice condition. Great with either single handed rods or light trout speys. Ready to fish or add to your collection. $950 shipped and insured within CONUS. PM or email (preferred) at [email protected] if interested. Thanks.
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looking for any trades? I just blew it all on a Riverwatch rod haha!

·
Lee B
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per several questions: Weighs 7.65 oz. I have used this with a WF7F for a single hand rod, and with a 4 wt. trout spey rod. Includes the correct amount of 20# backing for either setup.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have the same sized reel, a bit earlier model...
fits a 10'4 6wt beulah platinum switch with mono running line and a 350 iskagit short OR 290 scandal

I also had the reel on a 12'6 4/5/6 meiser highlander C and worked nicely

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wish it was LHW!

You , me and everyone else wishes it was a lefty , they are rarer then hens teeth

Stunning reel with the line guard Lee ,

I'm keeping mine just for my Meiser trout spey rods , took it last year and used it for small Atlantics in NFLD ,

Reactions: MWC
1 - 10 of 10 Posts