Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: PRICE REDUCED - Guideline LPXe 13ft 8/9 3 Piece (w/Extra Tip)

Good morning,

I have a Guideline LPXe 13ft 8/9 3 Piece rod for sale (SOLD).

This is the original 3 piece version that was so popular a few years ago. This rod is a Scandi canon, but will also throw a Skagit head. The rod has been fished 6 times at most, and is in excellent condition. In addition, it comes with an extra tip, which has never been used. I found it reassuring to have the extra tip with me when I was fishing. It's almost like having a backup rod with you.

I'm asking 250 USD (I have PayPal). Price includes shipping within CON-US, as well as a shooting head set up that Steve Godshall made for this rod. The shooting head is a 430 gr "scandit" head, which includes a floating tip, and is a great match to the rod. The running line is Steve's "Rainbow" ELF line. The welded loop on the floating tip, that makes up the tip to leader connection, has been repaired, but the line has a lot of life in it, as does the ELF.

Thank you for looking.

Dave Fulton

·
PiscatorNonSolumPiscatur
794 Posts
I have this rod in the 12' 6" and love it dearly. GREAT for sinking scandi heads. Would love to have this one too but can't justify at the moment.

·
Administrator
17,972 Posts
I would be allover this rod for Celeste if it was in our budget ... somebody buy this rod !!

Mike

S

·
0 Posts
hi - i'd be happy to buy this if you were ok with sending it over to the uk? :)

S

·
0 Posts
no reply. strange. it would be a pity if it's not possible. i've had one of these rods for years. it has easily been my favourite rod for smaller rivers. but i broke mine last september on the knockdolian beat on the stinchar playing a grilse that really didn't want to be caught. i first broke the tip, trying to steady the fish at the edge of a gravel bank. then, after getting it in and taking a couple of photos, i'd lifted it up to return it to the river when it decided to head up the gravel bank. i went after it and tripped, sitting on the middle section of the rod. that finished it off.
i have since bought a 4-piece version of the rod but i'd love to have the old 3-piece back again also. i've been looking for one ever since :(

S

·
0 Posts
hi gb. i know about the new version, but haven't tried one yet. the reason i'm actively seeking the 3-piece is that i'm finding the 4-piece too soft/slow for me. the 3-piece had a crisper action which i prefer. it doesn't fit in the car as well, but hey-ho. but i will be trying the new V3 soon i hope and i'll be happy to feedback. i have a couple of the big brother of the 13', the 15', in 3-piece as well and i find the same thing. the 15' 4-piece has a much slower action/recovery :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the slow reply.

Things have been kind of crazy. Shipping to the UK will be quite expensive. About 160-180 USD, by FedEx or UPS. USPS is less expensive, but there's no way to track it's location once it leaves the US, so I'm not comfortable using USPS.

I don't think shipping to the UK is a viable option.

Sorry,

Dave Fulton

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final Price Reduction

Bump to the top with one last price reduction. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it as a back up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Dave:
The Guideline LPXE is a nice rod and of interest to me.
I would like to speak with you. Please provide your phone number or alternatively, please call me at 709 660 5310.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Brendan Mitchell
Corner Brook, Newfoundland

1 - 15 of 15 Posts