Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year! Hopefully everyone enjoyed some quality time with loved ones... :smile2:

For Sale: Filson Skagit Jacket. SMALL. New with Tags.

Waterproof and breathable jacket from one of the most venerable outdoor gear companies. As per the company's reputation, the jacket's durability/longevity will be very difficult to rival. And unlike many of Filson's traditional jackets, the Skagit requires no waxing or other special care. Over the course of 20 years or so, I've worn some of the "brands", e.g., Patagonia SST, Simms G4, etc., and:

1) The Skagit is on par with the best of them with respect to serious fishing performance.
2) However, what makes the Skagit great is that it truly works as an everyday jacket vs. something that looks like...well... a fishing jacket...

The jacket has a roomy cut. I am 6' and about 175lbs., and I can fit a warm, thick, and fuzzy sweater underneath. At the same time, the cut is such that it gives a fit and trim look.

Since I really like the jacket, I bought a duplicate thinking that I may need one in the event that something goes wrong with the first. But let's face it, when does that actually happen, especially with high end quality fishing garb?... Perhaps other than leaving it on a large tree stump to "empty" the bladder and then forgetting about it...

The lighting where I took the photos was not so good so I included the catalog photos as well.

Price: US $255+ Free Shipping in CONUS. Current Retail Price: $495

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts