Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinning the herd. This is an awesome rod, but I have more 7wts than I have time to fish, so have decided to move this rod........ and probably will regret it. The rod has been fished but is in very good condition. Rod is 13'2" rated 678 and I consider it somewhere between a lighter 7wt or strong 6wt. It has handled many Deschutes River Steelhead and performs great on both 1 and 2-salt fish. Great feel both casting and fighting fish. I picked it up on this forum and it comes with sock but no rod tube. Price drop $425 plus $25 shipping US, actual shipping outside US. A handsome, great do-it-all 7wt at an ideal and versatile length.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I can't comment on how the rod compares to the black spey or solstice series, since I haven't cast either rod. I've been interested in these rods for quite some time and was more than happy with the "feel" and performance of the listed rod. It is powerful, but loads deep and has incredible feel. I've used it for both floating line and sink tip work and have been very impressed. I have zero complaints with the rods performance, but I have a slightly longer 7wt and shorter 7wt in the quiver that I also enjoy fishing and out of a desire to thin the quiver this rod is the odd man out. Dropping to $400 plus shipping which I think is a great deal on a very capable "do-it-all" rod. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts