Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Live 2 fish:

it is not intended to. This site also has a lot of users from Europe who can afford to buy a Burkheimer rods.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
In Europe all imported goods US are significantly more expensive due to tariff taxes plus VAT ( ca. 20% depending on the country).

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Here's the understatement for the day.

In Europe all imported goods US are significantly more expensive due to tariff taxes plus VAT ( ca. 20% depending on the country).
Regular poster on a UK based fly board and what they have to pay in 'additional taxes' can take your breath away. UK 'VAT' is 20%, if memory serves, and there are additional taxes on top of that. But that only takes it 'toil' going into that Country, not coming out. I wish this fellow luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
In Finland VAT is 24% and customs for fishing gear 13%, if my memory serves me right. Remember we have to pay both taxes from Freight too :chuckle: very funny isn't is?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to all for your attention and comments. In the future, you should still stay on topic. All rods sold.

·
Premium Member
Scott, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, Winston and Fenwick SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,025 Posts
Happy the rods are sold

But, it shouldn't be a surprise. A new Burkie in Europe starts out a 1,150 Euros. So these were priced about right.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Unfortunately, some folks have no idea what is going on beyond the county or state they live in .........:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Crazy huh??

Unfortunately, some folks have no idea what is going on beyond the county or state they live in .........:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy:
My aunt just bought an Audi q7.. She told me she pay $2million for it.. I though she was crazy.. But that's in Chinese currency, translate into $350.000usd..crazy huh?

·
stuck in Duesseldorf...
129 Posts
Hi,
the prices are fine. If I wouldn't already have two of the models...
BTW: In Germany we pay 40% Taxes for stuff coming from overseas.
Cheers
David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts