Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory built 7125-3 with sock/tube. Mint condition, very minor signs of light use. Perfectly matched to Skagit 510 and Scandi 450. $565 firm. I cover shipping CONUS. Send PM if interested.

IMG_9110 copy.jpg

IMG_9111 copy.jpg

IMG_9112 copy.jpg

IMG_9113 copy.jpg

IMG_9114 copy.jpg

·
registered text offender
1,330 Posts
why has this not been snatched up? scandi, skagit, or FF 45, it is the best summer steelhead rod under 13 feet made. period. this rod has cajones too.
a hell of a deal to boot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has a very similar action to the earlier version of the 7127-4, though the 7125-3 is about 1/2 weight beefier. Can throw both scandi and skagit lines, whereas the earlier version of the 7127-4 struggles with skagit lines / sink tips. This truly is a fantastic summer run rod, with the versatility to throw sink tips and heavier flies.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I put a 5/6 winter authority on it and fish it for summer and smaller winter steelhead….if your fishing the hatchery brats in Wa. or Or. this rod is plenty..I would say it could handle fish to low teens…

I've fished mine for everything from salmon, bulls, steelies…I literally have to put it away as I would fish it year round..I think the 3 piece models have a larger grain window and will cast more then a few different lines and weights..it's also excellent with a 5/6 45' fall favorite..

Little wild summer action from a couple months ago on mine..

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts