Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
One more cast...
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a Bogdan Model 2 in right hand wind with original suede bag. Excellent used condition. Two very small marks on rim (see photo) and a couple very mild face plate lines (so light they are impossible to photograph).

I bought this from an estate sale of the original owner, who reportedly bought this reel in the 1980s and used it 2-3 times. It was in storage for several years prior to me buying it a couple years ago.

I have almost $3k in it but realize the market has softened a bit on these in the last 1-2 years. I need the cash, so I’m willing to take a small hit on it.

For a used reel, this reel is as good as it gets. Mechanically/functionally perfect.

Specs: 3 3/4” frame diameter; 1 3/8” spool width; Mr. Bogdan rated this reel for WF11F with 225 yards of 30# backing. Weight 14 oz.

For Spey rod reference, I had planned to use this reel on a Burkie 7134-4, and it seems to balance well (have never fished it but have casted with it on there 2-3 times).

$2800 plus shipping, and I’ll cover PayPal fees.

Please PM with any questions. Please no trades. Thanks!

Attachments

·
One more cast...
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gorgeous! Wished this was a LHW.
I hear ya, Rustybee! I'm the same way on the LHW reels that get listed sometimes. I fish for trout with LHW but use RHW for Spey setups. I sometimes see a LHW reel listed that I wish was RHW, so I feel your pain!

cdh

Reactions: Rustybee

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bogdan...No.2

Great reel. I too am a lefty on the retrieve...
It would really handy to know if anyone has a decent listing of all the different sizes and configurations that these reels came in. I feel close to wanting to seek one of these out but every reel that comes up is different and they all seem on the small size capacity-wise for two-handed lines.
Is there a "guide" to Bogdans' out there??
thanks,
Tom

·
One more cast...
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great reel. I too am a lefty on the retrieve...
It would really handy to know if anyone has a decent listing of all the different sizes and configurations that these reels came in. I feel close to wanting to seek one of these out but every reel that comes up is different and they all seem on the small size capacity-wise for two-handed lines.
Is there a "guide" to Bogdans' out there??
thanks,
Tom
Tom, this is what I use as a reference. The late Gary Siemer provided this, and I’m pretty sure it’s still on his website somewhere.

The 150 and Model 2 Bogdan reels are good for 6-7 and possibly 8 weight Spey rods up to 13’6” or so in my opinion. The model 300 and especially 400 Bogdans have plenty of capacity for most Spey setups, including bigger and longer rods, even when using mid- to long belly lines.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Reactions: Rustybee

·
One more cast...
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance you could post few photos of the reel's inside ?
Thx
No problem. I’m traveling the next couple of days, but I’ll post some photos when I get back home.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bogdan...No.2

Tom, this is what I use as a reference. The late Gary Siemer provided this, and I’m pretty sure it’s still on his website somewhere.

The 150 and Model 2 Bogdan reels are good for 6-7 and possibly 8 weight Spey rods up to 13’6” or so in my opinion. The model 300 and especially 400 Bogdans have plenty of capacity for most Spey setups, including bigger and longer rods, even when using mid- to long belly lines.

Hope this helps.
I saw this on the Vintage site after I posted here...thanks for putting it up and it is very helpful for familiarizing oneself with Bogdan dimensions.
Thanks for the help. Good luck on the sale.
Tom

·
One more cast...
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any chance you could post few photos of the reel's inside ?
Thx
This reel is likely sold pending funds, but the insides of these reels are so cool, I wanted to post anyway. I don’t think this has ever been opened up before the way it looks.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts