Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Battenkill V reel for LHW ONLY because I damaged the rivet for the RHW pawl.
The reel is in excellent condition EXCEPT for the above. If someone already has the reel this would also provide a spare spool.
$45 includes shipping and PP for US buyers. Canadian buyer would be required to pay for full shipping.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one and I love it. The only problem is that Orvis doesn't sell spare spools for the Battenkill IV or V click and pawl reels. Great deal though, if I didn't already have one, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have one and I love it. The only problem is that Orvis doesn't sell spare spools for the Battenkill IV or V click and pawl reels. Great deal though, if I didn't already have one, I'd be all over it.
They are very durable reels at a great price. Just buy another reel! Ive been trying my hardest to kill a Bat IV disc and a Bat IV clicker for a while and I can't do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I still have the my first Battenkill III click and pawl that I've had for over 30 years and still works great. Simple, well thought out design, and as you said, very durable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They are very durable reels at a great price. Just buy another reel! Ive been trying my hardest to kill a Bat IV disc and a Bat IV clicker for a while and I can't do it.
What rods are you using the IV on? I can't choose between the IV and the V for my 12'6 7wt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jim,

I'm using the V on an Orvis PM10, 14' 9wt. I think the IV would be a good choice for a 7wt. IMHO.

·
Registered
982 Posts
What rods are you using the IV on? I can't choose between the IV and the V for my 12'6 7wt.
I run my Battenkill IV clicker on a Beulah Onyx 7137. Its a pretty good pairing. I also like to run a Leland Steelhead on that rod. The Battenkills are a no frills blue collar work horse at a great price. Two years ago my clicker froze up so I put a map gas torch to it to thaw it out and it didn't warp. Its a good reel.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reel has been sold.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have Battenkill V disc and a Battenkill V clicker so I have a backup, or a choice if I want everyone within 1/4 mile to know that I have a fish on or not. I do love the sound when a nice fish is ripping out line on the clicker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts