Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. Hate to sell some of these great pieces of gear, but I have a pretty special rod on the way, a trip to BC in a few weeks, and just bought a 1971 Suburban (fly fishing lodge on wheels). Ha! So gotta move some things. Sad to see them go, but I know you'll give them a good home.

Here's the list:

A.J. Thramer Para 15 This is the K.T. Keller taper. 8' 2/2 6wt with (2) 'Wet' tips. Built in 2001. Clean rod, and a fantastic, powerful taper. It's no secret that I like parabolics, and A.J. nailed the feel of a Young rod. There were times when I'd choose this rod instead of any number of original Youngs. Ferrules attended to by A.J. last year, un-fished since. $800

Heddon Imperial 125A 3 1/8". Light gray finish. Agate line guard. Mechanically perfect and one of the smoothest drags around. There are a ton of teeth on the cog. This is one of the finest reels ever made in my opinion, a Michigan classic. $425

Email: ryan.p.sabo AT gmail.com

Prices include Paypal fees and insured USPS Priority shipping in the U.S. I'm really trying to raise funds, but still always interested in trades, with cash going the appropriate way. My wish list currently includes:

8'-8'6" E.C.- or Maslan-built Powell
Payne Parabolic 7'9" (yeah, I know)
Sloan 7'10" Para-Taper (Heddon)
Goodwin Granger 8040 Special with gold wraps
Floyd T. Lovens San Jose-era Thompson 100

Or, maybe you have something you think I'd get jazzed about. Let me know. Thanks for looking gang.

Ryan

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A bump for some great trout gear. Here's your chance to dip your toe into bamboo and see what it's all about.

R

1 - 2 of 2 Posts