Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** SOLD ***

Hello,

I’m relisting this reel at a lower price – a price I’ll probably regret but I want to sell it. It’s an excellent reel but I know I’m unlikely to use it.

This a classic 4-1/4" Hardy wide drum Prefect for sale. It has a classic Hardy 1912 check for right hand retrieve. There's a smooth brass foot, Ivorine handle and strapped check tension screw with its locking nut. The reel appears entirely original in all respects - the frame, spool and winding plate are all stamped with the same number 5.

Mechanically, the reel is in excellent condition. The spool spins freely without any wobble and has no end play. The check is strong and loud and adjusts via the tension screw exactly as it should. The foot is straight and unaltered. The spool is almost completely free of any old line dressing residue. It shows only modest signs of use - some rubbing to the old lead finish mostly seen on the winding plate. There is also some light line marks on the line guard. There are no chips or cracks and no signs of prior repairs.

Price reduced to SOLD plus $35 insured Priority Mail postage to the lower 48. PayPal only please and I’ll pay their fees.

PM if interested.

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts