Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Closets full of this n’ that.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happy to see a forum that seems healthy, no fan of Facebook groups.

I’m from Sweden, and mostly chase trout, both browns and sea run browns. Have done so before I knew how to tie my shoes, so I guess you can call me quite an expert correcting my tie with an important face Sometimes I also stumble upon a salmon.

When it comes to rivers I choose solitude rather than the more famous runs. It’s not that I hate people, but, you know..

I also tie ugly flies, ugly in relation to how long I’ve actually been tying. Complete lack of talent but I enjoy it, and spend more money on tying material than it would cost me to just buy the flies from someone competent. Thankfully the fish doesn’t seem to care.

How’s everyone doing?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome Copperhead,

I'm mostly well, well fed, well watered🤠, but haven't had any sort of rod in my hand for two weeks so I'm going to fix that tomorrow and use some of the rough flies I assemble in winter.

Any fan of Steve Earle is a friend of mine. Tell us a tale of fishing in Sweden.

Your going to like it here.

..Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Copperhead,

I'm mostly well, well fed, well watered🤠, but haven't had any sort of rod in my hand for two weeks so I'm going to fix that tomorrow and use some of the rough flies I assemble in winter.

Any fan of Steve Earle is a friend of mine. Tell us a tale of fishing in Sweden.

..Tom
Welcome Copperhead,

..Tom
Thanks Tom!
Sounds great that you’re getting ready to get on the water. I’m stuck on the railroad for a few more days but I have the weekend off.

Steve’s a house god under my roof. Big fan of his son too, JTE, so recent events broke my heart. Steve is a dedicated fly fisherman by the way, after one of his shows we got into talking about fishing and he told me about his love for New Zealand. Great guy.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Welcome and good to have you. Where in Sweden are you? I have a number of relatives living there that I stay in touch with on a regular basis. I have yet to do any fishing there, but hopefully that day will come.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and good to have you. Where in Sweden are you? I have a number of relatives living there that I stay in touch with on a regular basis. I have yet to do any fishing there, but hopefully that day will come.
Thank you steelguy, happy to be here.
The last 4 years I’m living in Borlänge, “state“ of Dalecarlia or (Dalarna in Swedish).
But I’ve lived in a lot of places, down south, west coast. Moved around a lot, my closest sea run rivers are on the east coast nowadays.

Where are your relatives?
If you’re ever headed this way let me know, I’ll put you on some Atlantics and sea run browns. Many rivers over here are getting healthier and healthier.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
CopperheadRd, They are scattered somewhat. Some are of course in Stockholm, one in Uppsala, couple in Edsbruk and another couple in Osby. I have visited and toured with them on vacation a handful of times, but very like Gotland. Always nice to see extended family. And thanks for the offer on fishing information, I would love to bring a rod someday. Again, welcome to this great site. Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts