Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to tell ya but the casting pool at the fly show is not Spey-compatible.

But you can cast your butts off at the Friday afternoon Spey Clave being held by the Forum/Speypages on the Snoqualmie or Skykomish (TBD).

We will be inviting as many friends as possible who are coming to town for the big show, but would like to get an idea of how many members plan to attend.

Please reply here if you will be joining us on Friday afternoon

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That bumps it up to

Dana, Nobuo, Tyler, Sean, Speybum, Sinktip, Watersprite, Flytyer
and myself for 9 and counting...

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should probably prepare an information page...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys i'm going to try to make it. About what time ! I can skip work about 130pm or so And i will see what Highlander doing i'm sure he will find a way !

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
It will be a great way to kick off the weekend!

·
Registered
8 Posts
After attending the Jan. 25th session, I have to attend the next one. Being fairly new to spey casting, what I picked up at the clave in Carnation was awesome.

A big thanks to Speybum and Luv2Spey for organizing it and to all the accomplished casters that were willing to share their knowledge.

Hope to see you all on the 21st.

RT

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Just curious, what part did Luv2Spey play? Ever since he was defending aquaculture over here a while back, I haven't seen him on the board. Hope all is well with him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Luv2spey has been there. He is our connection to the Krispy Kremes. He keeps showing up with them damn things. Once the boxes are opened and placed on a table, Tyler becomes all the easier to find.

Leland.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No wonder Tyler is so admant about the tables :devil:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds Fun!

Looks like I'll be there too!

Tyler's always easy to find - just look for the tallest speyrod in the "forest". ;)

As for Luv, he was a product tester as well as supplier (of the Krispies). Last I saw him, he was having fun testing the new Airflo Traditional 8/9wt on my CND Custom 14'. What a great combo!! The only problem is finding the back taper - I'm guessing we'd all agree that trying to cast with too much running line out isn't a lot of fun and finding the back taper on the longer belly lines isn't nearly as easy as with something like a Delta or Windcutter.

We're riding a lucky streak - the last Snoqualmie Spey Clave finished just in time. That night the river flooded, with water over the roadway and all the rest. :whoa:

hasta,

DS

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll be there

I was to the last two claves and want to thank Aaron for hosting the great event. Where else can one try out the newest lines and rods in one place and get a bit of instruction on correcting some of my casting fault? And of course meet others caught up in Spey Casting? Jerry

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since I attended my first Spey clave back when Mike at Clearwater Angler held them on the Auburn stretch of the Green I've been to gatherings small and large, from the Sandy River spey clave in Mark Bachmanns' backyard to saltwater speyrod gatherings on the atlantic. BUT... I have yet to attend one of Aaron's fabled gatherings. From what I have seen in photos and what I have heard here on the site, I can't wait! Knowing him there will be many more gatherings in Carnation in the weeks to come - I hope to have the chance to attend one in person if I get lucky while on my regular visits to the area.

Got word that Aaron will be attending the Forum/Speypages Clave in Fall City as well as Nobuo Nodera, Ed Ward and Marlow Bumpus, our sponsor Rob Meiser, Mike Kinney, hopefully Dave Steinbaugh if they can assemble the booth in time over at Meydenbauer, and more folks TBD. Of course we'll have the Danameister himself, Kush, etc... should be a blast!

Dana and I will keep you posted via the site as things develop. Looking forward to it!

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Waterprite is correct, he and I will be traveling to the clave together. I wouldn't miss this opportunity to get together with fellow users of the true long rods. It will be nice to see Dave Steinbaugh again if he makes it, I haven't seen Dave in several years, he is a true gentleman.

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
RED HOOKS AND KRISPY KREAMS

GUYS;
WHAT DO NEED?

If you need help just let me know.
Dana: is the master coming.
Kush; we will have to keep Juro hard at it to catch up those long winters you know.

:devil:

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aaron,

Just show up is all, this one's on us!

Bring whatever you'd like us to see from your shop, etc.

See you soon

Juro

1 - 20 of 25 Posts