Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm messing with wings and tenting mallard over them for no real reason..probably not a good idea with the JC and i jacked the head, got to think about running phat to cover um like some...but it's a fishing bugger and the box grows...

Attachments

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
the reason is that mallard looks amazing in the water over the top of other stuff!!! cool fly, keep goin, the adventure gets more crazy still im sure

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I've been using a lot more mallard over everything (except last fly, will post later), just cuz' and I have a bunch of it from hunting season this last fall. Fish that bad boy, I would.

I'm hoping to pilfer some flies from MZ's box if he's at the Sandy this next weekend.:saevilw:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
sweet fly really like it. usually jc are tied after the mallard:) give that a try see if you find it helpful to tie mallard in

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
you guys who want to raid my box are gonna be sad, I give all my good flies away for some reason. haha. there may be a few things lying around... and of course we can always tie somebody up a whiskey special

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ah this is very very nice! Mallard over Turkey is always visually appealing to the eye! Once the turkey slims down in the water and the mallard holds a stronger shape this is sure to come alive and attract attention, beautifully dressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts