·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Comp loop on a spey fly....Hell Yeah! Love it

Reactions: brocktree

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Choo Chooo,,,, Best rendition I have ever seen, come on over we can tie together.

Superb work my friend

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Always loved that pattern. And this rendition is top shelf!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Choo Chooo,,,, Best rendition I have ever seen, come on over we can tie together.

Superb work my friend
Thanks a lot, that sounds good to me!

Kinda curious - did you make all the collars at once, or twist each up individually? Do you a machine to do this? Pretty darn cool tie.
I did each fly's collar individually. Basically the same idea as Jerry french uses. Lay down a little dubbing, then one side of a hen saddle, a bit of Amherst tail, and finally a bit more dubbing. Then pop it in a dubbing loop. Had to double my thread for the loop in order to get enough tension.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Is That

Uni Stretch on the rear end... Kind of reminds me of LuLu Lemons..>:)

Thanks a lot, that sounds good to me!

I did each fly's collar individually. Basically the same idea as Jerry french uses. Lay down a little dubbing, then one side of a hen saddle, a bit of Amherst tail, and finally a bit more dubbing. Then pop it in a dubbing loop. Had to double my thread for the loop in order to get enough tension.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
LOL Thanks.....

·
newcomer to spey casting
170 Posts
That's a gorgeous composite loop. Well done. Seeing polar bear with a skillfully done loop and truly "hot" hot spots tells me this will look as wonderful to the fish as it does to me. Great work!

·
Administrator
17,801 Posts
As you can tell from my avatar, the Freight Train is a favorite pattern of mine :D:D
You did this pattern well, those are awesome offerings and I wouldn't hesitate one bit looping one on my tippet :smokin::smokin:
I'm a big fan of sparse dressing and feel there is nothing more fishy-sexy than a sparsely tied fly. That thin body is stellar and sets the tone for these flies.

Ubber cool :smokin::smokin:

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you can tell from my avatar, the Freight Train is a favorite pattern of mine :D:D
You did this pattern well, those are awesome offerings and I wouldn't hesitate one bit looping one on my tippet :smokin::smokin:
I'm a big fan of sparse dressing and feel there is nothing more fishy-sexy than a sparsely tied fly. That thin body is stellar and sets the tone for these flies.

Ubber cool :smokin::smokin:

Mike
Kaufman really nailed that colour combo on the pattern. That is a really nice version in your avatar!

Thanks, I really focused on the slim body, tested in a bowl the cut right through the surface and seem to sink great. Should fish nice on a dry line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts