Spey Pages banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Meiser Loop Loomis Lamson SpeyCo
424 Posts
My first attempt at a low water - Dave Gotzmer inspired me for this effort. I like it, but my nits would be that the body is a little on the short side and the head, just a tad too big and too far forward. Comments on this one, as always, most appreciated

Insect Fashion accessory Fishing lure Bait Natural material

Second one is Spade - I’ll call this the Flaming Spade.

Insect Arthropod Wing Pest Close-up

·
Registered
589 Posts
I tied this last night but did not get around to posting it. View attachment 389669
One of the most seen underwings in Classic Salmon flies is white tipped turkey. Unfortunately, they come off the feather as somewhat blunt on the tips. If you take each side of the wing (separately) you can easily stroke the upper section of the slip so you achieve a graceful tapered tip. A bit of practice and you'll have the technique mastered in no time. Always happy to see your work keep getting better and better.

·
flytie09
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Nice one Gero. Here is my submission for this week. It started out as a sculpin variation of sorts on an AJ 1.5 xh. It was going to be all olive, then I thought that it was too boring so I added some red to wing and ended with some peacock for s&g’s. A worthy offering for the fish gods perhaps. I’ll name it Frankensculpin if it’s not taken already. 😂

Artificial fly Bait Fishing lure Fishing bait Feather

21 - 38 of 38 Posts