Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Great to see this Dunc Dunc: This Freestyle Friday gives tiers an opportunity to let it out a bit. Your fly is a handsome addition. Hope to see some more of your fine tying

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Writing implement Feather Body jewelry Eyewear Tints and shades

I was inspired by the colors in the ‘Smudged Fly Wallet’ collection! Also, first time trying the pheasant crest on top of wing.
Is the pheasant crest on top usually one feather centered or two tented on either side? Is there a name for having the tail and crest coming together creating an oval?

·
flytie09
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice. You can use one or multiple toppings. Depends on the pattern and size. They don’t have to meet. They shouldn’t intersect however. The way you did it is fine.

·
flytie09
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m back in action now after a couple days on the water. Show your stuff with some more Freestyle Friday action. I’ve got one I’m going to stew on tonight.

·
flytie09
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here it is. Countess Karolina. In honor of Countess Karolina Maria Adelajda Franciszka Ksawera Małgorzata Edina Lanckorońska.

An amazing woman that puts the Lady Caroline to shame. She was Polish nobility, a freedom fighter, philanthropist, artist, writer, professor and survivor of several Nazi concentration camps. In her War Memoirs she details the atrocities she endured at the hands of both the Soviets and Nazis.

Face Chin Facial expression Military person Sleeve

Karolina in 1989 donated her family art collection to Poland after the Fall of Communism and the end of Soviet occupation.

She lived to 104 years old.

Automotive lighting Wood Art Tints and shades Hat

·
Registered
467 Posts
something in black for the box tonight after a long day at work, C- View attachment 389173
That is so sweet, embarrassing to follow it up with this
Flower Eyelash Plant Petal Purple

Broke the dubbing loop once, thread twice, burnt goose was tied in at the third turn of tinsel, one turn too many at the collar and my uneven wing tips are too long… it’s a winter fly, I’ll see if it swims true.

·
flytie09
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's fine to me. Try wetting it, slicking the hackle and wing back and letting it dry and see how it looks after that. It will fish no doubt.

·
Registered
Meiser Loop Loomis Lamson SpeyCo
428 Posts
A re-tie of my Friday night freestyle - working on a number of elements. In particular base layer and floss wraps. Head is not perfect, and no tail, but my last two Aussies didn’t have those either🙃😎🤣. No. 5 AJ with squirrel tail wing and throat.
Food Fishing lure Fishing bait Wood Bait

1 - 20 of 40 Posts