Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chose the color scheme to fish in my home waters for brown trout and rainbows. not very many people will throw a fly like that and swing it where I am from. or that I have seen any ways

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
That looks like it will be a very powerful fly in the water. That wing set does not look like an easy thing to do, great job.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's hard to find truly original work in fly tying. Most of what we create is a variation of recombination of things from the past. But this is very original! I am extremely impressed with the way you mounted the jungle cock sword (?) "underwings." Getting the inside edges to meet in the middle and having both feathers splaying out at the same angle...wow! I can only imagine the swearing, frustration, and self loathing that would result if I tried to do the same.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

·
Dom
3,157 Posts
This would absolutely kill in my waters...

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
cool flies looks fishy intersting wings. in my opinion the fly seems unbalanced on the hook
mate, do you ever look at your avatar?

some serious thought went into this dee and it shows.
your tail is at 11:15 but I'm sure you can manhandle it back into noon.

I'd be honoured to do it for you,
cheers,

shawn

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
mr shawn this man post is no.where to.attack me.

i said what i thought about his fly. you on the other hand keep posting negative comments on mulitple forums about multiple tyers.

when you your self have to use new age crap cheast to try and tie a so called classic fly. learn the craft of tying a proper classic before acting tiers

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I can take that comment/critique, search it through ftf and find at least 400 matches.
...unbalanced, flow, great eye, clean tie, blah blah f'blah.

how about declaring something you haven't already heard or read?
anything original kicking around up there, mate?

here's a challenge... and you can look anywhere you like.
if you can find me giving advice I don't take myself I'll eat my vise.

proper classic tyers. pffft.
self proclaimed?.. or is there a test?

you see, I've never actually met one... much less attacked one online(?).
I'm fairly certain they're all dead.

cheers,
shawn

·
Registered
997 Posts
This is a wicked cool looking fly! Almost a fire glowing from inside.

Awesome Jubba85!

J.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I love the looks of this fly, my only issue is I don't quite like the head color, but if it'll catch fish in you're area then use whatever works!! The wing is very unique, whether it has been "seen" anywhere or not. It is not something that you see everyday on any forum at all or on any river to often and I really enjoy the look and originality of this. Any fish looking down at this fly is sure to get confused/fired up and hit it!

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,165 Posts
fighter jet!

Reminds me of the swept-back wings of a fighter jet, not quite delta, but almost!

Wicked cool looking fly! Good on ya for pushing the boundaries!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts