Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
send me a email, I will send back my address, then send me a SASE big enough for what you want. You can specify how much you would want.
No strings attached, altho if you have brown or especially white biots please do send them!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
do you know ducks?

i have wanted some hmmm boy!?,,chest,breast feathers,,not sure of the breed,but the description would be;dark brown,black barred feathers,like a mallard flank but `chestnut'brown,,,any clues?,,,one time a guy stopped by had two dead ducks in the back of his truck=that's when i saw the afformentioned feathers on an unnamed duck so? :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
ducks

Hammer said:
i have wanted some hmmm boy!?,,chest,breast feathers,,not sure of the breed,but the description would be;dark brown,black barred feathers,like a mallard flank but `chestnut'brown,,,any clues?,,,one time a guy stopped by had two dead ducks in the back of his truck=that's when i saw the afformentioned feathers on an unnamed duck so? :confused:
Hammer, I know the feathers you mean.Ihave used them in past ( a long,long time ago). I got them from a friend who hunts. Pretty sure they were merganser.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
`redheads'

they're all over on the Rogue,,,was told=`when you see them working the water,there's fry,they're the fisheater's',by an oldtimer,can't say about the feathers i mentioned,just one of those deals where i should have stripped the feathers when i had the chance,it was a customer's son who stopped by,had the birds in the back of his truck that he'd shot and was going to eat,i use almost all natural materials,searching for hues,casts,colors, to develope patterns,the `chestnut' might compliment my `john doe' fly,or maybe not!, feathers are just a *****!,always searching for particular sizes,lengths,and feathers are all different,always looking!,i have more than i'll ever use,but,certain flies,once constructed are so convincing to the fish because i blend buggyness/color matching/action or motion of the materials to evoke `life',welll,better hit the bench!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts