Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten permission from the boss to attend the Sandy.
I Pride of Opec has been tuned up and ready to race.
With the Shipment of CND’s in hand I will become to the Party.
Need I say more?
:devil:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Thanks for reminding me to pick up some Limousine oak barrell aged spirits on the way! See you all there, very much looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Things are happening!

Juro is heading west for a clave, Aaron is heading south to it, Dana is heading east to the Great Lakes and I am heading North to fish - all is well with the world! :smokin:

Have fun all - we'll have lots of pictures to post soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So Aaron, I went to Oxbow Park on Sunday and looked all over the place, but you were nowhere to be found. Did something happen?

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was there.

Bert,
I was there until about 1:00.
Had to leave to get home.

Sorry:(

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Aaron was there ... along with about 250 other folk!

Mark, Patty, Bob and Laura OUT DID THEMSELVES this year. Joan's got a ton of 'Clave photo's to post to her web shots site for all. About 70 in all; very cool.

Totally off the top weekend for everyone, but I'll let them post their own impressions. For me it was a total family reunion; ton of folks I've talked to, corresponded with - but never had the opportunity to actually meet in person - hugs from old and new friends.

All (save for Saturday's weather) was right in the World!
jee/fae

Darn, forgot to add: you American folks, when combined with several from Scotland, Ireland, GB ... and the odd Canadian or two ... can put away a lot of very good single malt in an evening .... given the proper "excuse." :smokin:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I had planned on being there; bit alas, my nearly 12 year old 6th grader had a day long science and technology fair that my wife and I needed to attend to see his home-made water rocket get launched, his home-made model boat get raced, his car made out of paper in toothpicks get raced, his electrical circuit light up, and his popsickle stick bridge get broken (his held 65 pounds; but the winning bridge held 185 pounds!). He got 2nd place in the water rocket for length of time spent in the air.

Eventhough both my wife and I were disappointed in not getting to the Clave, it was well worth spending the day with our son.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, Aaron

Your famous flies made the cover of the Insiders Newsletter from the Fly Fishing Shop. Apparently, you were at the Clave after all.

-Bert :p

BTW, I am assuming that they are already a sponsor. but, just for reference, does anyone know where to find the official list?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
BG, you're on the "Mark!" Or should I say Aaron.

At least two of the flys shown are Aaron's great ties. Drop the dime for his rock worms; Rogue River steelhead candy.
:smokin:

Should also add, you can get "anything you want at Aaron's Rest-A-Raunt."
fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
BG, Hoy Vey ... I woundn't touch :>) that with a 10'

pole. :D

This weekend was the first time I've actually met Aaron, one of God's true Sweeties! What you see is what you get; a great Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fae

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MY HAT IS OFF TO THE CREW OF 2003 SANDY RIVER SPEYCLAVE

I would like to take a minute to thank Mark and Patty for putting the whole thing together.
Bob and Laura for the great job as official hospitably stop.
I had a wonderful time kind of taking a buss man’s holiday and just casting my arms off.
This is the way life should be just a group of people enjoying each another.

:smokin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too must say what a great event the clave was. Thanks Bob and Laura for inviting my son and I in out of the rain Friday night. The scotch was good and the conversation even better. Thanks again for the hospitality.

I even tipped a drink with Fred Evans without knowing he was a famous guy!

We were only able to attend Saturday, but what a show. The demos were awsome. My kid (never spey cast before) was throwing 80 feet after 20 minutes with the Spey Bro! Thanks Simon. Next year I will plan my month around this event.

Thanks to all that organized it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts