Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
JD
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fred has suffered a stroke rendering him limited motion of his left side. He is now recuperating, receiving physical therapy, & wooing the female staff with his unmitigable charm at:

Avamere Three Fountains
835 Crater Lake Ave.
Medford, Or 97504
Room 14A

He does not have access to a computer at this time, but hearing from his many friends on the Spey Pages would go a long way towards raising his spirits.

JD

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks for posting that JD. Very sorry to hear that he suffered a stroke, hope he recovers soon. With good friends anything is possible!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi Fred. We have never meet in person. But we have shared many threads. You were alway kind to post on mine. Thank you when I was new hewe you were inviting and not judgemental. I ha e enjoyed your imput here and perhaps some day i can enjoy it in person. Intill then I wish you nothing but the best and I hope you have a speedy recovery. And thanks again for your welcoming disposition

·
Registered
634 Posts
Fred

JD thanks for this information although it is pretty darned sad. Going to have to get out the pen and paper and actually write something! Fred posted a lot on this forum and enough that you sort of figure out what kind of guy he is which I have determined with you that he's a good fellow.
Thanks for posting the address
Loren Irving

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
best wishes Fred, Im taking that Hardy Bamboo i traded you for out next week on my bday. its managed to land a few fish now.

best wishes

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,118 Posts
I think Fred is in another room instead of 12A, but JD will update that soon. Don't stop writing though - the letters will get to Fred one way or another.

JD and I were just over to see the ol' trout, and he's doing rather well. He can move his left arm and leg better than on my last visit, so that's encouraging. Still not known how long he'll be an inmate, as all afflicted patients are different in their recovery times.

He's known pretty well by all the nursing staff as someone to always keep an eye on, especially staying away from his good hand. That Fred will never miss an opportunity to show his appreciation, if you know what I mean!!! :Eyecrazy:

Yeah, he's getting better!!!!!:hihi:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry to hear, give him my best and hope for a speedy recovery. I have enjoyed Fred's posts on here as well as other fishing sites and conversing with him through messages. I miss Reading his posts and insight as well as humor. Good to hear that you all are checking up on him.

·
Registered
875 Posts
All the best to Fred and his family. I'm sure I speak for all of us here at the SP community in wishing him a swift and complete recovery. Miss hearing Fred chime in.

TMc

·
1,118 Posts
If Fred's daughter ever sends the key to his house, JD and I can get in and grab his laptop so he can respond to all the kind gestures and wishes you all have been sending.

I suggested to JD that we could just go around to the back of his house and find a window not closed all the way, sneak in, grab the booty, then cut and run. JD said as many criminals that have visited Fred's place recently, we'd probably get our asses thrown in the big house! Plan 1 abandoned!

I just dropped off a bunch of The Drake for Fred to read, but again forgot to look at his room number. Knucklehead! Still, take a minute to write him a note - he'd be thrilled to get it!

·
JD
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If Fred's daughter ever sends the key to his house, JD and I can get in and grab his laptop so he can respond to all the kind gestures and wishes you all have been sending.

I suggested to JD that we could just go around to the back of his house and find a window not closed all the way, sneak in, grab the booty, then cut and run. JD said as many criminals that have visited Fred's place recently, we'd probably get our asses thrown in the big house! Plan 1 abandoned!

I just dropped off a bunch of The Drake for Fred to read, but again forgot to look at his room number. Knucklehead! Still, take a minute to write him a note - he'd be thrilled to get it!
Did you include that "special edition" we discussed?
Yeah, he really needs his own computer. the one in the "library lacks all of his book marks & links to his favorite web sites. Doubtless any of us could remember how to get to more than one or two, even after multiple tries, but Fred using one hand?

·
1,118 Posts
Nope. I figured it would just frustrate him, as well as make all the nursing staff wear their track cleats!:surprise:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Fred I hardly knew you..you seemed somewhat abrasive in the few dealings I had with you....at the least a bit salty which is fine in my book....you had some ailments so I cut you some slack... ..Fred I wish you a speedy rehab if you are reading this...you have time to change......anyone who is communicating with him pls wish him the best from the east coat and forward him the following...keep it real til the day you go...

"He's known pretty well by all the nursing staff as someone to always keep an eye on, especially staying away from his good hand. That Fred will never miss an opportunity to show his appreciation, if you know what I mean!!!"

In the following thread the poster references Fred Evan's Daughter...

I hope she never has to deal with a grabby guy at work in her future....

To the women on this board Ill give you another lame apology from a reformed misogynist...

Its not funny..so much is made light of old men grabbing at girls..Im gonna be an old man soon and I dont feel thats its ok to do

Bob Budesa do you have a wife or a daughter or a niece that you care about?

Do you want her to have to worry about men grabbing at her at work (regardless of profession, age, etc)

C'Mon folks we are better then this

Moderators censor people for being less then fully respectful to snaggers/nymphers on a swing board?

I have daughters that are 16 and 20 ..I dont want them having to tolerate the fred evan's of the world grabbing at them if they choose to go into healthcare

My wife is not a feminist and would call me a p!us%y for this post..this is all me

Its never OK

David Nelson

1 - 20 of 41 Posts