Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rio has new saltwater two handed lines called OutBound™ Integrated Shooting Taper Lines.

These lines might be the ticket for you guys get way out there and deep for the Springers in Rogue this time of the year and for the regular King run later this summer and fall.

You might want to contact Simon and discuss these new lines for long range and deep river fishing.

http://www.rioproducts.com/pages/flylines_prodpage.asp?product=21713&useMet=0#chart

·
loco alto!
3,054 Posts
the powerflex core, judging from RIOs online video, seems to have some stretch. Could this be an issue when setting the hook at 50-100' ?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Powerflex core and stretch

SSPey said:
the powerflex core, judging from RIOs online video, seems to have some stretch. Could this be an issue when setting the hook at 50-100' ?
I don't know. We can ask Simon.

This gets back into the discussion/point I have raised for a couple of years.

"If your fly is out there 60' to 100', and can we really set the hook? Or does the fish have to hook itself?"

Personally, my reflexes are too old and slow to set the hook much past 50'.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SSpey would you please post the link to the video

SSPey said:
I can't find the video on Rio's site re the Powerflex core. Please post the link.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts