Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Be on the lookout and pass it on!
I received an email that was supposedly sent by PayPal that they had received a fraudulent charge to my account and they were canceling payment.
The email said to open the attached form, fill it out and return it so the account could be re opened.
If you get one of these emails DO NOT OPEN the attachment!
The form wants all of your personal info including you're SS# and CC#.

Forward the email to: [email protected] then delete it from your PC.
You can look this up on the PP web site, reporting fraudulent emails.

If you were to fall for this scam and fill in the blanks not only your CC's could be hit they would also have enough information to file a false income tax return.:mad:
Pay Pal does not send emails or attachments requesting information.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I recently had a email saying a my ebay bid had been canceled on an item that I was bidding on, so I closed out the email and went to ebay itself and guess what? No bid had been canceled it was a scam to get me to log in thru there email to get my info. Not today buddy. :tsk_tsk: :razz:

I never do anything thru an email. I got straight to the webpage. If you do anything thru an email you are asking for some bad Juju.

Dan

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for the head up. Best to go directly to website via your own bookmarks to verify such claims instead of clicking on the link directly. Thread carefully whenever your asked for personal info while browsing the web.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
My one and only 'experience' with PayPal was a mini-disaster.

The odd time I have to use it now I have the 'seller' send me an 'invoice' that I can pay through a credit card. If something goes south (happened only once) a call to my credit card company is a right on reaction.

Capital One (had the card since 1984) fraud people were on it. These folks have no sense of humor when it comes to this sort of stuff. And I suspect it happens a lot. If you provide the card company with your phone number they will even call you if something pops up that appears 'out of the ordinary.'

The funniest one was ex-wife 2.0 was in France (I'm in Oregon) and both of us posted up charges at almost the same time. That sent off their computer's bells and whistles. :eek:

fae

1 - 6 of 6 Posts