Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Sage, CND, Loomis, Redington, TFO, Beulah, Hardy, Lamson, Martin, Rio, Airflo, Bridge, Patagonia
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone out there has one of these that you're not using and would be happy to part with it, please let me know.

I'm new to Spey casting in general and very new to casting mid to long belly lines but I casted this rod about a month ago when I met a guy on the local casting practice river. I was shocked at how easily I was able to throw a 60' Gaelforce Equalizer and about 5 strips of shooting line. Before that moment I was having trouble casting my 46' Bridge Tributary on my 14' Sage 9140-3 Brownie (from the 80's 馃槣 ), which is actually a very sweet setup now that I'm casting better thanks to all the help from Tim Arsenault.

Anyway, long story short, I'd love to own one of these rods but I can't actually afford to spend the money required for a new one. So, if you've got an old one in the back of the closet that you probably will never use again and are willing to part with it, let me know! (Trust me, I know this is highly unlikely but it never hurts to ask, right)?

Cheers,

Frank

Registered
I don't have this one but there is a nice 15 footer for a really good price a bit further down in the classifieds. Not sure how the actions compare.

Registered
Sage, CND, Loomis, Redington, TFO, Beulah, Hardy, Lamson, Martin, Rio, Airflo, Bridge, Patagonia
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have this one but there is a nice 15 footer for a really good price a bit further down in the classifieds. Not sure how the actions compare.
Sorry, I can't find the rod you're referring to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not same rod you are looking for but you may want to consider it!
Thanks, I'll check it out for sure. I already have the line I want to cast (a 710gr, 60' Bridge Mainstem) so if the Winston will cast it, maybe that'd be the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts