Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know January 25th seems a long way off but it really isn't. I'd like to put together a list of people who are thinking about attending so I can formalize a few things (like how many instructors we need and how many tables reserved at the pub!)

Drop me a line at [email protected] if you're planning to come along.

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Dana
A couple of the lads were talking and wondered how many places or people you were going to accommodate.
Do you want the money upfront to guarantee a place?
If so where do they send it?
Also how far was the Krispy Kream and the Cigar store from your casting site?

Speybum:smokin:

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaron, I'm going to leave the numbers open. It will be a clinic (the focus on teaching new skills or sharpening up the skills of those who come along) but I'm hoping it will have an informal sense of gathering along the lines of a Spey Clave as well. As this is a fundraiser the more people that can attend the better, but again it will limit the amount of one-on-one instruction--we'll focus on demonstration and small group instruction. I'm hoping for 20 casters and 2 - 4 instructors. It will be "pay at the door." For those who would like more specific instruction and greater contact time with smaller groups or one-on-one, consider one of my schools this spring with either Michael & Young or Whistler Fly Fishing.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Alas - no Krispy Kreme...

Aaron,

Unfortunately, there are no Krispy Kreme's North of the Border - I think it is some kind of US military secret. Now if someone were to slip some across the 49th I'm sure we poor Canucks would be suitably grateful...:hehe:

As for the cigar store, there won't likely be one anywhere close to where we will be. However, if you are going to cross the border at the Pacific Crossing (commonly called the Truck Crossing) there is a gas station/store about a mile down the Pacific Highway (the first traffic light after the border) and they have a really good selection of Cubans. Failing that, or if you are going to use the Sumas Crossing PM me and we can talk about other options:smokin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts