Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any info. about how to get that little photo up some of you guys are boasting with (next to the thread entry).
Help sought - finally a problem that can't be fixed with superglue!!
Per

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Welcome Per!

It's great to have you on board.

To place the little picture, you log in, click on the button above that says [User cp] and the edit profile.

In the list of things you can tweak, there is a thing called an avatar (we didn't come up with the name :rolleyes:

You can browse on your computer for a picture, but it has to be less than the size listed. I think it's 100 pixels wide or maybe 200. It should say right there on the profile page, I hope ;)

I have all the image processing tools so if you have one you like and it's too big send it via email and I will make sure it works before I send it back to you.

Let us know if you encounter any problems getting that set up.

once again welcome!

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Foe Per Stadigh

Per, Since we hadn't heard from you in a while over on Dana's site I thought maybe you had hooked a mighty Russian salmon and he was towing you to the sea. (G) I'm also glad to see you posting over here as I'm very interested in your tackle set ups and the underhand cast. Please tell us more.

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all help and nice comments, Juro and MJC!

I ended up in a situation where I was swamped with e-mails phonecalls, back when I worked several boards hard. I decided to take a "time out" from the net as the combinbation of escalating workload and ditto home duties made it hopeless. Sorry if I let someone down in the process!!

So much is happening on the tackle front. The new sage 16' sounds like an interesting June rod. Wonder if it outperforms the T&T 16´? Hard to believe but nice to know...

Take care!
Per

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dana, it was neat of you not to comment the girth!!!

(according to my belowed "angling widow" Lisa we fishermen all are flashers - un zipping and displaying "our catch" whenever we get a chance......hmmmmmfff!)

Per

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you search the board you will find a lot on this topic. Spey rods aren't specifically for salt or not; although as a striper fisherman with two decades of steelheading I think the right two-hander for the salt is not a Spey rod but a two-handed overhand casting rod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts