Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have for sale a really nice older J.W Young reel in the old leaded finish , the reel was made for Allcook & Co in england on the back of the reel , it is the Marvel model in wide drum ,

these are tough to find in this condition , allot of young reels were painted black and look like crap after years of fishing as the paint chips off ,

not on this one as the very early ones were done in black leading like the old hardys and dingleys

the reel is very tight , no wobble or cracks , and has not been used much , teeth on the gears is perfect and the springs and pawls like mint , another plus is this reel has the round line guard in it which you don't often see , and the foot is brass and correct size , will fit all reel seats on any rod

it is a 3 1/2 but young reels are very light compared to dingleys and hardys , it's a perfect trout spey reel and would also be good on a switch rod , it sounds as good or better then most click and pawl reels , only reason i'm selling it is I already have 4 trout spey reels and won't be needing this one

cracker of a reel and you'll be more then happy with this one , if not i'll gladly refund your money

price drop , first $300 gets it ,
P1010200.jpg
P1010201.jpg
P1010204.jpg
P1010202.jpg

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i'd call it a wide drum , not as wide as a 3 1/2 perfect , but very close , it would hold enough backing and line to even be a small steelhead reel

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump and i'll take $75 off , just going to sit in the den and collect dust

this is a good reel for trout spey or switch and it will hold enough for even a steelhead reel on like a 12'6 rod in 6 wt or 7 wt up to 520 skagit , $300 plus shipping

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's yours ouzel , emailed sent to you

·
Only WILD
77 Posts
hey dutch you have another pm.

·
Registered
824 Posts