Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your consideration a very rare mint condition Sage Center Axis Zero weight fly rod.. As these rods hardly ever come up for sale! They never come up in this condition. This is dead on mint, has the reel foot also, if you want to use the reel on a different rod.. The flies in pics are not included.. The line and backing are included..
Asking $750.00 for this gem
Would consider trade for high end glass rods..
Rod

·
Administrator
2,472 Posts
Exceptional Rod

Holy smokes...this rod is IMPOSSIBLE to find these days. Incredibly sought after combination and a killer buy on it. For those who have been considering one of these...don't blink...they never come available and are never in this condition.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Holy smokes...this rod is IMPOSSIBLE to find these days. Incredibly sought after combination and a killer buy on it. For those who have been considering one of these...don't blink...they never come available and are never in this condition.
I thought you were buying all the cool stuff?

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I'm surprised I haven;t bought it. I have a 0 and 000 but not a center axis... :hihi:
we will see what happens when company leaves town

·
Administrator
2,472 Posts
I'm surprised I haven;t bought it. I have a 0 and 000 but not a center axis... :hihi:
we will see what happens when company leaves town
The Center Axis rods have become super collectible to UL guys and have a wonderful action. If I had the need for this one it would have found a home already. Have owned the 181 of this and at this price point it's a rod a guy could always get his money back out of. The reels alone bring $250 in a standard configuration. I'm guessing it's a 3100 on this rod. These rods were designed to be perfectly balanced in hand. The center axis mount for the reel is removable and the standard foot is included with the rod and slips in to a small sleeve / pocket in the case in the event someone wanted to use the reel on another rod with a standard reel seat. For instance...this reel could easily be used with one of your SPL's with a standard seat.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Center Axis

Montanafos
Yes, your correct it's the 3100 reel! And your also correct on the action of this rod.. It's as smooth of a rod, it will make a beginner look good! Absolute joy to use!! The one thing I didn't photograph was the reel pouch from Sage that comes with the complete set.. It's black with sage logo on it.. It protects the reel when your not fishing.. To keep it in this condition everything is there to protect it..
Your friend
Rod

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sage Center Axis

ROD IS SOLD PENDING FUNDS
Thank you everyone, for the interest in this fine rod!!
Your friend
Rod

·
Registered
552 Posts
Forget the rod, how much for the flies?:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave Carnes Classic Salmon Flies

steelhd32

The flies were tied by Dave Carnes in England most tyers know who he is!
I commissioned him to tie these a few years ago.. I don't know if he takes orders anymore.. These four cost me over 200.00 and I feel lucky to own them..
Here's a pic of the four and the signature card on the back with name of fly..
Thanks everyone
Rod

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts