Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

I have a copy of Hugh Falkus' "Speycasting: A New Technique." It's in very good condition, with dustjacket, having been read probably only once. It does have a small tear in the jacket and some minor shop-wear from sitting propped on a shelf for a decade. I've seen these priced for several hundred dollars. I don't know the edition yet but I'll check when I get home - I bought it in Knoxville, Tennessee, read it, and am now ready to pass it on. I'm actually more interested in acquiring a good old Hardy Perfect reel in trade for the book than in money, however, in lieu of Hardy Perfects, I am willing to accept offers.

Thank you,

Zach

·
not as gullible as most
47 Posts
Good luck....

"I've seen these priced for several hundred dollars." --- Where? I'd like to get in on some of that action.

You cannot put a price on qotes like this:

"Besides being a very valuable cast in a downstream wind, the double-Spey is absurdly easy to master. So much so that if I find myself taking longer than five minutes to teach someone, I suspect that I am either drunk or dealing with a ninny."

Zo2

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazon.com, for one.

Zach

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hard to believe, but they are selling for a lot. There are currently six for sale on abebooks, ranging from $175 to over $400 U.S. The book seems to have at least tripled in price in last couple of years.

Poul

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Price...!!!

I have seen one on amazon uk for £500 - ~$1000!!:eek:

M

·
Registered
24 Posts
"I've seen these priced for several hundred dollars." --- Where? I'd like to get in on some of that action.

You cannot put a price on qotes like this:

"Besides being a very valuable cast in a downstream wind, the double-Spey is absurdly easy to master. So much so that if I find myself taking longer than five minutes to teach someone, I suspect that I am either drunk or dealing with a ninny."

Zo2
another quote from Hugh " are you going to fish that pool or just fork about"
to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts