Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi There,
I wish I could say that this is a closet clean up project. sadly, it is not. Dealing with a terminal illness in the family. Need to gather up resources to pay for the treatment. Thus some of my precious assets need to go. These are some well researched and carefully selected gear that are purchased with hard earned money, no neglected/beaten up gear.

Following rods are for sale.

1. Burkheimer 13'4" 8WT Classic Model (8134)
Condition: Brand New, Never used never casted. I use my Burkie 13'3" 7wt on a regular basis. Tube and rod socks included.

My Price: $700 (MSRP $895)

2. Sage Z-axis 14'3" 9wt
Conditions: very lightly used. no marks on the blanks or grip. Bonus: Rio AFS head 8/9 wt, 520 grain.
price: $350

3. Beulah Platinum 11'6" 5WT
Condition: used very lightly for a year. Then decided to buy a Anderson 4wt. this is a sweet rod that does not get any use.
Price: $275 SOLD

4. Hardy Proaxis 9' 10WT: purchased for my tarpon and bone fish trip. never used. brand new. I have not event taken it out of the rod tube yet. if it is anything close to the demo rod I have tested, it is an amazing salt water or big salmon fishing tool.

Price: $500 SOLD

5. Hardy Angel2 13' 8WT
Condition: this is my fly fisherman's jewelry. I have lawn casted this rod. I bought this in England after using my friends Angel2. It is an impressive rod both from casting and cosmetics point of view. Most aesthetically endowed rod outside of the custom build market.

Price: $600 (MSRP: $1895; i am sad to admit that I payed very close to the MSRP amount because of the VAT in UK)SALE PENDING

6. Hardy Demon 10' 8wt
Condition: lightly used. Bought it to use as a steelhead nymphing rod. Quickly Realized that I did not like nymphing. So, this one got to go. Could be a good bone fishing rod or for sinking line presentation in still water.
Bonus: comes with a floating Hardy line and an intermediate Cortland line.

Price: $365

Please let me know if you need any pictures. I will try to add them as I go. But, if you have specific questions or need picture of a particular rod that is not available here yet, please let me know.

Thanks for your consideration.

RW.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Few additional points:

- I would prefer to sale the rods in USA and Canada.
- actual shipping cost will be added to the price.
- I will cover the paypal charges.

Thank you,

RW

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've got some very nice rods for sale riverW. Wishing you the best.
Thanks SteelerHeeler. This has been very hard for me to go through this process. I usually try to buy the best quality. Hopefully they will put some smile on some fellow fishermen's faces.

Regards,

Rw

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beulah SOLD payment pending.

Thank you for the overwhelming support. Also, thanks for your patience. I will get back to all your messages once I get back home from my hospital visits.

Best regards,

Rw

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi There,
I wish I could say that this is a closet clean up project. sadly, it is not. Dealing with a terminal illness in the family. Need to gather up resources to pay for the treatment. Thus some of my precious assets need to go. These are some well researched and carefully selected gear that are purchased with hard earned money, no neglected/beaten up gear.
These types of things break my heart and make me glad I live where I do. Please accept my best wishes and my thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery. I would love to take that Burkie off of your hands but just can't swing the cash. Very nice series of rods you have I am sure they will make others very happy.

Sincerely,

Pat

·
Lucky Bastard
685 Posts
I can not believe that the Hardy Angel is still here.What a price.If I had the means I would sadly help you out.I hope things go as well as they can for you.

Good Luck
Scott

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Added some updates. Responded to most questions. Will add some pictures shortly.

Thank you,

Rw

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures

Hardy Demon 10' 8WT single handed rod (sale price $350) with blank warranty card and two lines.

Sage z-axis 14'3" 9wt double handed rod (sale Price $350) comes with Rio AFS 8/9 shooting head.

http://tinyurl.com/b5nvqbg

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If I had the money I'd pay for you to keep some of that gear. I really hope everything works out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
RW- Just wanted to wish you the best of luck w/ what life has dealt ya. Heeps of respect for you. It's heartbreaking to have to sell these things we acquire over years, and should be passing on to others- but no doubt an easy call when supporting loved ones fighting for their lives. God bless!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all your support.

I have updated the sale list a few minutes ago.

Thank you,

RW

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this forum moves fast. hard to keep up. Another shameless attempt to raise some funds. Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts