Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this Dan Bailey labeled Folstaf staff a couple years ago as a backup to my Simms. Only used for one 4 day trip and is in great shape as shown in the pictures. This is the 59” - tall - version. I replaced the stock string cord with a coiled one.

Retail is $150. Selling this one shipped to you for $75.

First I’ll take it, gets it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
love mine. solid wading staff. hate using it as i don't want to acknowledge my age...

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumping up to the top.

Had several inquiries and low offers but figure once I pay PP fees and shipping, to take less, I would be better off keeping it for a back up.

Willing to listen to unique trade offers.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,124 Posts
I'm no Fred Astaire when wading, and my knee can't take sudden torques and jolts, so I use one of these sticks to steady myself, and it's bomb-proof. On several occasions, I've had to arrest myself to keep from swimmin' wit da fishes, and I never felt like it couldn't do the job for which it was designed.

This is a good deal.

Just sayin'.................:wink2:

·
Administrator
18,044 Posts
I've had mine for 8 years and it's still going strong :)
My wife won't let me leave home without it ...

Great deal brother ... surprised it's still available.

Mike

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mike and Bob. I’m surprised too as it seems a fair price on a solid piece of kit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 2 of these (one I gave to daughter back in 2011, that she no longer uses) and one I've had one for at least 15- 17 years. Even sent mine back to Folstaf for a tune up, where they replaced the bungee cord and tip - good as new. Some suggestions for longevity - when not in use, store it extended fully - it relaxes the bungee so it maintains its stretch. Also use some wax (candle or canning wax) on the joints so they disengage easier. The $75 Sinktip is asking is a great price. If I didn't already have one (plus a back up), I'd be all over this.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Member said they would take it and to send my PP address. Sent and it has been 4 days with no response including a couple of PMs to him so it is back up for sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts