Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I whant to visit a big Speyclave or a Flyfishingshow in the Usa, Canada or the UK? Which show or clave????!?!?!?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think the CLA Game Fair is one of the largest shows you will find. 28-30 July 2006, at Broadlands, on the lower reaches of the river Test in Hampshire.

Although the organisation of the speycasting competition this year was not the best (and I really hope the CLA addresses this next year), it does seem to attract many of the best spey casters in the world. Add to that the rest of the show, which covers a wide range of country sports and pastimes as well as fishing, and you could easily spend two days exploring it.

Well worth a visit.

·
Registered
599 Posts
US Claves

Jacob,

In the USA, try the Golden Gate Jimmy Green Invitational in April in California, and/or the Sandy River Spey Clave in May in Oregon. These are the biggest in US.

Best,

Rphelps :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jacob

The Golden Gates is a great weekend. However, the CLA steals the show. It attracks over 140,000 people over the 3 days and covers all countryside spots from fishing to gunn dogs.

Gordon

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Jacob

There is the British Flyfair in Manchester in the beginning of november www.thebritishflyfair.com here you can see much more about what will happenend i the weekend.

In april this year we had The Danish Flyfestival www.flyfestival.dk its hold every second year. Next time will be in april 2007

On both fair you will meet some of the best flytiers and flycasters demonstrate theirs skills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts