Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fishing Show, Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue, Feb 20, 21, 22, 2004.
This is the date for the show will need input on the Date for the Clave.
Dana?
Juro?

:confused:

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
let's go with the 20th, Aaron

same as this year, the Friday "before" the show, Feb 20th, 10 am - 3 pm, same location there in Fall City. Perhaps you can talk to a local eatery there and set up a breakfast for 8:30?

I like the format we had last year, with a few presentations and everything else pretty informal with lots of time so that people can cast and stand around telling lies to each other ;). I'll kick things off with a short welcome and casting demo, and we'll look at including 2, 3 maybe 4 additional presenters. Nobuo Nodera from CND has already indicated that he will join us. Since we had 100 or so people there last time I am hoping that more of our sponsors might come out and bring along some tackle they'd like to showcase--a great opportunity!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
In the northeast show we do a casting conclave at a giant sports arena on the day of the show, but leave a little early on Saturday. In fact this allows us to spread the word during the show as well. The arena is lighted so time is not the issue. Sunday does not work because everyone is taking down and getting out.

In Seattle, I suggest two options.

We could do the morning of the last day, Sunday, at 6 or 7am. The show doors open at 9am, we'll stay at the clave until 10am or so making it a 3-4 hour event with options to stay longer if desired for participants. We are fishermen, morning should be easy for us!

Another option would be Friday or Saturday night but we would need to work out halogen lighting per construction type, which are available at any equipment rental firm. I might be able to tap friends in the big contruction biz as well. Other than the lighting issue this would work out very well, and there could be a social afterwards in one of the areas fine establishments.

The location I chose last year is still a good candidate because of ease of getting there for show attendants and participants. I will contact the storage company owner for access this year as well.

I doubt very highly that there will be a spey pool at the show, so this will be the time and place to cast all the new rods, not to mention learn a lot from each other and exhibitors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts