Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BBCT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fly shop – Vancouver BC

I’ll be in Vancouver for World Cup games in a couple of weeks and always enjoy checking out fly shops. Is there one in Vancouver that I should checkout? Generally I’m looking for fly tying material, there is always something I can't live without.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
997 Posts
Go check out Michael and Young fly shop..... lotsa materials there to keep you busy... :)

Have a good time in Van.

James

Reactions: fredaevans

·
Registered
116 Posts
Take your Pick

M&Y is a great shop, never been to the downtown one as I live in the Valley but they have tons of materials.

Sea-Run in Coquitlam is also a great choice, rarely step in unless I am heading out that way for fishing.

And I have never been in Pac Angler, but that might also be an option.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ditto on M&Y downtown (Tim and Gary), although the Surrey store isn't too shabby either. Ask to look into the sealed plastic bins for more exotic stuff... :smokin:

·
BBCT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions!

Looking forward to the trip and thanks for the suggestions.

Chris -

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sea-Run and Michael and Young, as mentioned above. I really like Sea-Run a lot and always hit it when I am up that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No love for Pacific Angler on w Broadway? They are not bad. Also Highwater Tackle on Lonsdale in North Vancouver, if you find yourself coming over on the seabus to get to Grouse...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Riverside fly and tackle in Port Coquitlam. Gary is a great guy. He is a small operation but service is awesome.

Sea-run is a great shop too. They are a bit bigger then Riverside and carry more high end stuff. You can also get SSBC swag there as well.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Riverside fly and tackle in Port Coquitlam. Gary is a great guy. He is a small operation but service is awesome.

Sea-run is a great shop too. They are a bit bigger then Riverside and carry more high end stuff. You can also get SSBC swag there as well.
Would recommend to avoid Riverside. Bad experience with using gift certificate (XMas gift) on guide services. Poor service and attitude. Searun on the other hand is a definite recommend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts