Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these rods? What did you think?

Fly Logic Dec Hogan Signiture 13' 8wt 4p &
14' 9 4p

Any comments appreciated.

WV

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
flylogic

after my last posting ,i swore i would not do another!! had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner,however,and here i am. Inland will love this one since it involves the same person as the last post.forget that relationship.when it comes to equipment i will ude only what will make me look the best.
i tried a ton of rods this summer. i found nothing i like as well as the 1308!!i have 2 of them because i dont want to be on a trip and have a break for some reason and have to use something else. after this summer i am thinking about getting another one.
i used the 1409 for 17 days in june on Dean river mint bright,hot chinook and early steelhead.It can really put the pressure on those chinnook! however, when outfitted with a 4" bougle that i prefer to use it was tip heavy and tired my rod hand. i can cast a mile with it with a type 8 sinktip and a huge intruder. but dont enjoy fishing with it as designed.I played around with some ducttape and ended up redesigning it. having Bob Clay cut 3 1/2 inches off the butt.redoing the same buttt to top of cork length.reversing the seat to down lock from up,which will put the reel weight further down for balance. the present rod is like fishing a tip heavy 10 weight.i believe my design will make be in between the the 1308 and the 1409. still be very strong and cast a long line but be easier to handle.
the only rod i tried that got me interested was a T&T with a Skagit head WC.I need to try that again. I will compare that to the1308 with a skagithead and see if i need it. thought it would be a great setup for smaller rivers{i like to fish really big rivers}thought it would be good for searun browns on the Rio Grande.
BEAU

·
fly on little wing
1,096 Posts
flo1409

i had this for about 2 months now. i'm using it with a WC 9/10/11 with tips. it has no problems lifting the 15' sunk tip. the corks, components and finish are all top shelf.

voodoofly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts