Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the family off to Florida for summer vacation......I know, not much call for my two-hander in Florida but any suggestions of where I might get to do a bit of fly fishing in the Orlando area?

Taking a 9ft #8 and hoping to mix it with a something in the salt....forever hopeful! :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
646 Posts
I recommend you check out the Mosquito Lagoon area. Sight fishing for some big red fish... Unfortunately, I don't have a specific guide recommendation BUT you have time to do some research and find a good one. Spend the money on a guide, it is a big area, a new fishery, and would be money well spent. I know that the Hells Bay Boatworks web site has a guides and outfitters section on it and there are several that fish this area. Might be a place for you to start.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redfish

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that....I've taken your advice and booked with a guide - 'Capt Tom Charter' .....it sure looks like they're catching some pretty big Redfish at the moment.

I'll let you know how I get on...thanks for your help :smokin:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Speyliner,
Excellent! Know you'll love the new experience and the area. Please post a report upon your return. The central Florida area is my old stomping ground and believe it or not, there are some things I miss about FL. Sight fishing in the salt particularly...
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts